Our Community was started in 1935 by Father Baker of the CR Fathers at Penhalonga,
with Mother Isabella as the founder. The CZR Sisters were helped by CR Sisters (Liz
and Lois), and later by OHP Sisters (especially Lila, Mary Francis, Joyce and Hannah).
When they left, Sister Isabella was elected Mother.
Today the CZR Sisters work at the clinic and at the primary and secondary schools.
Some do visiting and help teach the catechism. We make wafers for several dioceses,
including Harare. Some of the Sisters look after the church, seeing to cleaning
and mending of the church linen. We have an orphanage that cares for about thirty
children, with an age range of eighteen months to eighteen years.
In 1982, half the Sisters and the novices left CZR and created another community
at Bonda. Six months later, some of those Sisters in turn went to found Religious
Life at Harare. In 1989, some of the Bonda community left to go to Gokwe and begin
Religious Life there. So CZR has been the forerunner of three other communities
Please pray that God may bless us.
St Augustine’s Mission, PO Penhalonga, Mutare, Zimbabwe